This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
这是我的步枪,无数支与其相同,但唯独这支属于我
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
我的步枪是我的挚友,他就是我的命,我必主宰它就如我主宰我的人生
Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
离开了我,我的步枪将一无是处;离开了我的步枪,我将一无是处
I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.
我必善用我的步枪,我必比试图杀害我的敌寇打得更准
I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will hit....
在他朝我开枪之前,先击倒他,
My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make.
我和我的步枪都知道,战场上我俩无论射出多少子弹、激起多少声响、卷起多少尘土,这都不重要
We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit…
唯独放倒敌人才是关键,而我们将会做到
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.
我的步枪就是个人,如同与我,因为它就是我的命
Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel.
因此,我要像了解我的胞兄那样了解它,我将熟知它的缺陷、它的强项、它的配件、它的结构以及它的枪管
I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
我将保证它时刻整洁并能随时战斗,就像我一样整洁并时刻准备战斗那样
We will become part of each other.
我们将彼此成为互相的一部分,
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
主啊,在您面前我背诵这则信条,我与我的步枪将成为国家的捍卫者,我们同样是敌寇的克星。我俩在一起共同救赎我的灵魂
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
我俩并肩作战直至美国获得胜利,没有敌人只有和平的那刻!
——《步枪兵信条》,美国海军陆战队少将William H. Rupertus
评论区
共 92 条评论热门最新